Saturday, April 2, 2011

One Bowl of Guacamole Later...

The weekend is finally here and I absolutely could not be more excited. It's nice and sunny outside, I got to meet with lots of prospectives and their parents this morning, and I'm going to see the Avett Brothers tonight with Megan, Tonya, Zach & Abby!

Since this detox has prematurely aged me to 92 years old, I didn't have the energy to post before bedtime last night. I stayed up so late (pretty sure I was in bed before midnight...) watching Steel Magnolias for the first time ever. Solid movie.

Breakfast has become pretty routine...I think I'll start referring to it as "wake and shake." Yesterday's shake was absolutely perfect. It's not that it's particularly delicious, but I've gotten used to it and now it seems normal and semi-tasty. I guess it's sort of an acquired taste much like coffee and beer (yum!). Instead of rocking Fat Kid Friday (chicken tenders & macaroni and cheese), I brought leftover stir fry from Thursday night. Brian convinced me to bring it into the caf...not that it took much convincing because I don't like eating alone...and after sweet talking some of the Dining Services staff, they snuck me in the super secret back hallway entrance. Win!

The weather was cooperative so we ran to the store after work and acquired the necessary ingredients for detox friendly guacamole, chicken kebabs, and grilled corn on the cob. Let me just say that the guacamole was amazing (if I do say so myself!). We ate the entire bowl! The kebabs and corn were fabulous and I think I probably ended up eating my weight in veggies. Word on the street is that it's okay to stuff myself with veggies...I guess we'll see in another three weeks!

We grilled, giggled, ate lots of yummy detox friendly food, watched Steel Magnolias, and pretty much just won all over the place. It turns out you can have a fabulous evening with friends that doesn't involve booze. WHO KNEW?! Today is full of errands, elliptical time, and hopefully a nap. Tonight is gluten-free pasta, detox friendly marinara, and the Avett Brothers!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I'm headed out to enjoy the sunshine and the fact that it's only 11 and I've been up for 4 hours. This never happens! Detox = win.

3 comments:

  1. Rainey, I think it's great you're working your diet and exercise into healthier living. You might now: I'm a pescatarian for health concerns. Sometime, I'll make us sushi. I can't atm, since it has a load of carbs in the rice.

    Proud of you, lady.

    Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Zach! I'm all about some sushi post-April 26...count me in!

    ReplyDelete