Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lettuce Burgers...?

Whoa. The weekend is finally drawing to a close and we're gearing up for week THREE of the detox. It doesn't seem like it's already been two weeks, but we're almost halfway finished with this 30 days of awesome.

Friday evening we decided to make breafast for dinner again. Here's what I've learned: despite the fact that our kitchen isn't big enough for four people to be cooking at once, it's a lot of fun to do it anyway. Krista, Seth, Megan, and I made an exceptional dinner, complete with lots of giggling. I'm pretty sure that agave nectar may just be my new favorite thing. It's so delicious!

Saturday was a bit of a challenge on the food front. I enjoyed a cup of brown rice cereal and almond milk for breakfast before heading to the gym and then a protein shake for lunch while getting ready for an afternoon wedding. Megan and I headed to Romance, Arkansas (whaaaaaaaaaaat?!) for a 4:00pm outdoor wedding and let me tell you a secret: IT WAS SO HOT OUTSIDE! Props to the groomsmen for not passing out during the wedding in those suits. I'm fairly certain it was in the 90s. Beautiful wedding and a lovely outdoor reception with wine, champagne, kegs, and a tasty smelling array of food. We opted for bottles of water. By this point, we were exhausted. I think the lack of real food and the fact that we had worked out AND attended a 90 degree wedding with minimal water consumption probably played a huge part in that. Moral of this story: drink lots of water. Always. We came home and made lettuce wrap burgers with fresh veggies and some sliced potatoes we baked with salt, pepper, jalapeno lime salt, and garlic. Yum.

Instead of sitting at home and staring at each other (I realllly need some new hobbies!), we ventured out last night with some of our friends. It was a great night out with Tonya, Sarah, and Josh, and we had a lot of fun giggling at people who shouldn't consume alcohol in public. All in all, it was a pretty good Saturday.

After church this afternoon, we re-visited the lettuce wrap burgers and I modified the potatoes a smidge. I reheated them on the stove until they were a little crispy and then we dipped them in agave nectar. Um, yeah...that was the best decision I've ever made. Spicy potato slices + agave nectar = jackpot. It's the first time we've eaten potatoes since we started the detox, and we probably won't eat them again any time soon, but they were just what we needed to pair with those lettuce burgers.

Instead of heading to the lake as planned, we put a giant blanket over the living room window and relaxed in the living room all afternoon. I'm soooo close to finishing my book and I got to take a quality afternoon nap. It's been a great weekend and I'm hoping this week follows suit. Tomorrow begins the 7 day body cleanse portion of the detox and I'm kind of excited about it. It may not taste delicious, but I think it will be okay-ish.

Oh! and tomorrow evening I'll report back on the weigh-in day #2 results. I'm excited and kind of nervous to see what happened last week. I know that something good MUST be happening because I bought a dress on Friday that's a size smaller than I would normally buy. Slam-o!

It's almost midnight which means it's wayyy past my bedtime. Check back tomorrow for weigh-in results, a recap of detox day 15, and my thoughts on day one of this body cleanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment