Monday, April 18, 2011

One Week Until...Pickles!

One week from tomorrow we'll be finished with the detox! I'm celebrating with a pickle...or seven.

This weekend was a success. Aaron came over Friday evening and enjoyed a lovely detox friendly taco salad with us. We giggled about how much fun we're going to have at Memphis in May and then we were thoroughly creeped out by my neighbors. Pretty sure something weird happens outside my house every time he comes over. Sorry, A!

Saturday was Alumni Funday. I trekked to the soccer game to see all of my soccer boys play the current soccer team and catch up with the girls. It was great to see Callan, Beth, Catherine, and Missy. It was the second to last day of swamp water, so naturally I brought it with me. It's certainly a conversation piece to say the least! I'll spare you the details of the disgusting conversations that were had, but you can imagine what questions a bottle of brown water might bring about. I later met up with Jake and we meandered through the Village and checked out houses that belonged to other people. It was a little creepy, but it was a nice day for being nosy.

Megan and I decided to try our hand at detox friendly pizza Saturday night. I made pizza crust from the gluten free pancake mix with some basil, olive oil, and garlic. Megan made marinara and browned some delicious organic beef. I made a veggie medley with a purple onion, fresh banana peppers, red bell pepper, spinach, and artichokes. IT. WAS. DELICIOUS. It was awkward to eat since we didn't have any cheese to hold it together, but it was fantastic. So fantastic, in fact, that it gave us the urge to drive to Yellville to spend Sunday with our mothers. I missed out on some alumni funtime (and a fresh tulip surprise from Beej!) but it was worth it to spend time with the fam.

Yesterday was the last day of swamp water. EVER. It was great! It turned out to not be as disgusting as it was in the beginning. In fact, we actually started to kind of like each other. We went through a rough patch, but I think it could've been a great relationship. Except now it's over. According to Brian, the seaweed drink does terrible things to my attitude, so I guess my friends are probably thankful I don't have to drink that crap anymore.

Mom and I went shopping on Sunday and stopped at El Chico to get some fajitas. We stayed away from everything delicious and just ate chicken, shrimp, onions, and peppers. Our server brought out all of the delicious sides and I'm pretty sure I gave her the death stare, but I didn't touch any of them. Not even the sour cream. Ugh!

Tonight was eat delicious taco salad and clean the kitchen night. I revived the tulips Beej sent me and now they're on our CLEAN kitchen table covered by our CLEAN tablecloth. That's a rarity in this household!

For any of you that are interested, we're having a healthy living party next week and you're all invited! You'll get detox friendly recipes, delicious food, and the skinny on what is involved in the detox and how you can get started. If you're interested, let me know!

It's way way way past my bedtime, but I stayed up late just for you. Oh...and today was weigh in day. I only lost a pound. BOO! But that brings me up to 12.5 pounds in three weeks, so I guess I can't complain. In another month, I'm going to be solid gold. (Didn't know the detox did that, did you?)

Okay...so...detox party. Be there.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could apparate to the detox party! Boo!

    ReplyDelete