Sunday, April 3, 2011

Avett Brothers and Waffles = Yum.

Tomorrow marks one week of detox fun! If the first week is supposed to be the hardest, this is going to be a piece of cake.

Last night's gluten-free pasta and detox friendly marinara were pretty solid and I made some crispy, garlic, basil chicken that was absolutely delicious! After the "bring your own dinner" party with Megan, Tonya, Zach & Abby, we headed to Harding to see the Avett Brothers in concert. Um, yes please. It. Was. Amazing. I can't wait to see them again at Memphis in May!

This morning I woke up in time to enjoy a bowl of brown rice cereal with almond milk (tastes JUST like Rice Krispies!) before going to church. I met James Tyus at New Life Church and I think I really liked it. I'll definitely be going back for round two and then maybe I'll be able to make up my mind for real.

After church, I made some more marinara out of some stuff we had in the cabinet and then grilled another piece of chicken for my leftover pasta. The kitchen is clean, this week's groceries have been purchased, and I'm a few chapters closer to finishing my book. I'm not used to being this productive on the weekends, but it's not so bad!

We've almost perfected detox friendly breakfast for dinner and it is a tasty victory. Megan made gluten-free waffles topped with agave nectar and I made scrambled eggs with crumbled turkey sausage, yellow onion, and orange bell pepper. We rounded out the meal with some dark chocolate almond milk which was surprisingly delicious. Yuuum.

It's only been seven days, but this is starting to become routine. So far, I think the hardest part is that we can't drink anything that isn't water or one of our pomegranate fizzy tab things (pretty much just detox friendly Crystal Light). Sometimes I just want some flavor!

Anyway - keep reading and I'll keep posting..your comments, messages, and tweets are all very encouraging!

PS - Netflix surprised us with The Rules of Attraction today. None of us remember adding it to our queue, but it appeared today, so we're watching it and it's awful. I don't care how attractive James Van Der Beek and Iam Somerhalder are...it's not worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Friend, I eat brown rice cereal with dark chocolate almond milk ALL THE TIME. Rocks my world. Also, as a master of omelets (or scrambles if folding is not your scene) I'd like to recommend putting some roma tomatoes up in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast for dinner sounds legit. I will be stealing your scrambled eggs for sure. Also, Ian Somerhalder is super fine, so it really must have been a horrible movie.

    ReplyDelete