Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cafeteria Challenge

Day four: complete! (Uhh...only 26 more to go. Eek!)

So after my routine breakfast shake (that my lovely roommate so graciously makes for us every morning!), I trekked to work for a ridiculously busy Thursday. I tried to give the cafeteria another shot for lunch, but it's just so hard to find things that are detox friendly. While everyone stood in line to get ice cream for Sundae Thursday, I set up camp at the omelette station for some scrambled eggs and veggies. Not a bad lunch, but it also wasn't spaghetti and ice cream. Blerg. Megan made dinner tonight and it was delicious. Fresh veggies, free range chicken, and brown rice mixed together in a stir-fry fashion. Yum!

The things that have been challenging so far aren't the obvious lack of caffeine in my life, the strong urge to eat every carb in sight, or my affinity for beer. Instead, my biggest challenge thus far has been boredom. I'm not sure if eating disgusting foods and drinking beer took up more time than eating healthy or what, but it seems like the evenings last forever now!

I love having extra time, but I think I'm going to need a new hobby (read: something other than knocking out my instant queue on Netflix) before this month is over. I'm sure there are things around the house I could do (lame), but I need a new project or social activity. Any suggestions? You can leave them in the "comments" section that you all refuse to use. :)

Tomorrow is going to kick ass. Watch out!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Meow. I use this box all the time. She's a dirty, dirty party box.

    I really can't believe you've given up coffee and beer. Those are your favorite things, right up there with oxygen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's go to Zumba next Friday! They are raising $$$ for Japan! And we can finally see how Incredible we dance SOBER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista,
    Does Zumba include any of the following A. Cupid Shuffle or B. The Love Slide? If so, Rainey will not be interested.

    P.S. Rainey - sorry to enjoy my incredibly unhealthy food in front of you today. You have been a good influence on my diet though...just not today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come to Little Rock and hang out with Abby. Yep, that sounds like a good plan. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beej - I know! Those are two of my favorite things, but I'm finding new favorite things every day. :)

    Krista - I don't know if the world is ready for our sober Zumba dancing! (and Tonya's right...can we Step in the Name of Love?)

    Tonya - good! If the people around us are motivated to eat better while we're doing this detox, it's a success.

    Abby Snail - TOMORROW! :) And yes...can we throw a gluten-free party? I'm getting so much better at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainey! Thanks for blogging all this; I've been contemplating a similar detox and have just been lacking the motivation. YOU ARE AWESOME. As for non-Netflix related activities... Yeah, I'm at a loss. Let me know if you figure that out! Ha!

    ReplyDelete