Thursday, April 7, 2011

Friday is Almost Here...

Hey, team. We're approximately an hour and 15 minutes away from Friday and I could not be more excited. Work has been crazysauce this week.

Megan has officially perfected the breakfast shake. It's even become sort of delicious (weird, right?). I made the trek home for lunch today and was promptly greeted by some funny smelling chicken upon opening the refrigerator door. I sent that chicken straight to the trash and started looking for a lunch alternative. Surprisingly, I didn't have to eat scrambled eggs for lunch (personal victory!). I ate a bowl of brown rice cereal with almond milk, a few corn chips and some fresh salsa, and a rice cake with almond butter. If you're thinking to yourself, "WOW! That sounds absolutely delicious. I'm so jealous of her lunch." You're wrong. While it was semi-filling and semi-edible, it was NOT "absolutely delicious." Despite the lack of cohesiveness in this meal, it was a meal that didn't involve an egg or a piece of lettuce, so I'll take it.

The afternoon was just as busy as the morning, but I still managed to hit the afternoon no-energy slump. I'm not sure what I can use to get past that since coffee isn't allowed, but that's my challenge for this weekend. Making it from lunch to dinner without a) starving and b) falling asleep has become a challenge in the last few days. Today has probably been the most difficult of the detox so far, but it's still not as awful as I was expecting. Bonus!

Krista made a detox friendly version of a Mexican chicken-ish type meal and it was great. I have been blessed with two roommates that are good cooks. Between the three of us, we've got this down to an art. Seth brought us some fresh salsa from Whole Foods (best day ever) and Krista made enough for leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Win.

It's almost 11, which means it's time for me to go to bed (an hour and a half ago...#whendiditurn90). There are a lot of fun things coming up this weekend, so get excited about the glorious posts I'll have for you in the near future. I know you just can't wait...

3 comments:

  1. I usually eat a lot of nuts and fiber between lunch and dinner. I have a long span, from 1130 til 6, of working and no eating, but non-candy trail mix seems to fill the void. Is that viable?

    If not, I'll keep thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried vegetable juices? I'm slowly becoming addicted to them at the Whole Foods and have been having them as part of dinner with a raw kale salad. They help me get through the evening slump when I have to close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rain, I'm trying the "anonymous" as you suggested. We'll see if this works. This is Grandma. I am absolutely loving your blog. Your detox sounds fantastic. I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work! Have a great, fun weekend.

    Love you bunches, Grandma

    ReplyDelete