Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Think I Have a Milk Crush.

Day nine = complete. Tomorrow we hit double digits!

Things I've learned since last Monday:
1. I'm addicted to gluten free waffles with agave nectar and breakfast for dinner in general.
2. I may or may not be developing a total milk crush on dark chocolate almond milk.
3. I can survive without beer (shh. don't tell.)
4. I always knew I enjoyed cooking, but I've finally realized that I'm actually pretty good at it. Come over sometime.
5. In addition to my poor eating habits, before this detox I had really really really bad time management.
6. I feel like a new person and it's only day nine!

Things I miss so far:
1. Pickles. My love of pickles might outweigh my love of gluten free waffles.
2. Beverages other than water and almond milk.
3. Being able to sleep through the night without having to use the restroom. Party foul. If I didn't have to pee like a pregnant woman, that would be okay with me.

I feel like six positive things and only three semi-negative things is a pretty good way to feel after almost a week and a half of a COMPLETELY changed diet. We're only working out three times a week, but I feel great. I can't believe I used to eat so much crap. I'm in the process of collecting (and in some cases, creating) the recipes we've used so far. If you want any of them, let me know! (Lauren - I've got you, girl!) I'm going to keep collecting them throughout the detox (I have a binder. #nerdalert) so if you want them all at once, I can hook you up.

Several of you have told me that you're jumping on the health wagon, whether it be eating better, drinking more water, exercising regularly, etc., and I think that's awesome! The best part about blogging every day is hearing what you guys have to say about it. It's become a routine part of my day and I'm so happy to share it with some of my favorite people. Keep on keepin' on, y'all.

PS - Ended up not going out to eat for dinner in Little Rock with Laura tonight...too much office stuff to work on. I'll brave that adventure when I absolutely have to. Who orders a salad without dressing?! Eek. This may be the biggest challenge yet!

2 comments:

  1. Love it. YOU keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milk crush? lol you crack me up. And Pickles?? Really?? That being said, keep doin yo thang! And I will take you up on that cooking offer.

    ReplyDelete