Monday, April 11, 2011

Two Words: Swamp Water

Oooookay. Remember that time I said, "Tomorrow begins the 7 day body cleanse portion of the detox and I'm kind of excited about it. It may not taste delicious, but I think it will be okay-ish." That, my friends, was a huge lie. That stuff is disgusting! The only way to describe it is to liken it to swamp water. It tastes like those organic, all-natural fruit roll ups...you know the ones I'm talking about...the nasty ones. Yeah - 32 ounces of that. Sick. Rumor has it it's going to be totally worth it, so I'll keep doing it, but whoa. Katy Jill - you weren't lying - it's way nasty.

Moving on...breakfast shake was delicious, as always. I rocked some leftover breakfast for lunch (originally typed as "leftover breakfast for dinner for lunch"...what does that even mean?) and then it was roommate bonding/cooking time for dinner. Megan made marinara with some of the leftover hamburger patties (because we don't waste food in this household, which is probably the reason we needed to detox in the first place...) to go with our gluten free pasta. I made another batch of brown rice cereal, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper coated chicken tenders, and Krista made chocolate protein bars. They sound illegal, but I promise it's all good stuff. She made them out of rolled oats, chocolate protein powder (the foundation of our breakfast shakes), almond butter, and agave nectar. If you're thinking, "Wow. Those must taste a lot like no-bake cookies," you're correct. They were delicious. We finished the evening with our detox tea and a movie. (#whendiditurn90)

Megan and I were going to head to 10 Fitness after work, but I couldn't bear the idea of working out indoors. The weather was absolutely perfect for an afternoon jaunt around the neighborhood. 2.10 miles and a lot of sweat later, I came back inside and chugged 14 gallons of water. Obviously, the elliptical is not helping me get my run on.

I'm pretty sure that sums up the highlights of my day, other than the fact that it was POURING when I woke up this morning (read: huge storm last night that sounded like Clash of the Titans in the backyard) so I trekked to work in my cute dress and my rainboots. That seemed like a very practical idea until both of the following happened: I realized I had forgotten real people shoes and had to clomp around the building in galoshes all day and THEN, the sun came out and completely hid the fact that it had been raining at all! Needless to say, I looked like a complete toolbag walking out of the building after work with the sunglasses/galoshes combo. Good one.

Now for the most exciting part: today is weigh-in day. I lost six pounds last week! For those of you keeping score at home, that's a grand total of 11.5 pounds for the first two weeks of detox. Here's to a good night's sleep and hoping that swamp water doesn't kill me tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Holy moly you make me laugh! I'm trying to be sneaky & read this on my phone while Mia is asleep near by, but that part about you in the galoshes clomping around had me laughing so hard!!! And swamp water is definitely the best description I have heard to-date. I'll have to quote you on that. I can't get over how much weight you've lost already!!! You girls are so creative with your foods, so committed, and are being so successful!!! I'm so excited!! Keep up the blogs, I'm thoroughly enjoying your sense of humor, your excellent word usage (a rarely found skill in these parts), and keeping up with your incredibly entertaining detox journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katy Jill! So glad I can keep you girlies entertained. :) and thanks for all of the motivation and support! I certainly couldn't do it without y'all! Can't wait to see you guys (hopefully soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realize this post is years old..
    I happened across this on a Google search because of the mention of water chugging, I'm doing some research on water intoxication, did you say you "chugged" fourteen gallons of water?

    ReplyDelete