Monday, June 1, 2009

summer is finally here!

today is my first day of summer. I'm on a 10 month contract at my current job, so I don't have to work from June 1 to August 3...it's incredible. I'm more excited about summer this year than any year before. there are things I will do and things that I just want to do. we'll see how that goes...

things I will do this summer:
  • I will move into my new rent house (in 9 days!)

  • I will drive to northern Oklahoma to pick up my puppy (he'll be one of the ones in these photos...I'll know exactly which one next week!)

  • I will drive to Manhattan, Kansas to visit my best friend in the entire world.

  • I will get a tan (I've already been in the pool today!).

  • I will run at least three 5k's (first one at 6 a.m. Wednesday morning!).

things I want to do this summer:
  • I want to learn how to golf.
  • I want to become a legit blogger.
  • I want to work on my research paper...kind of.
  • I want to go to to the beach.
  • I want to go to UNC - Chapel Hill to visit another bff.
  • I want to create a font!

so there's that. things I will do and things I want to do. now that they're all in nice bullet form, I can actually start to do them...maybe.

off to read my newest Barnes and Noble find: "It's Kind of a Funny Story" by Ned Vizzini.

1 comment: